top of page
Immigration Solicitor / Lawyer


Let me begin by introducing myself. I am Rashid Uzzaman, a qualified UK Immigration Solicitor with over 12 years of experience in dealing with UK immigration matters. As well as being a solicitor, I am also accredited by the Law Society of England and Wales at the highest level. I work within a small team of Solicitors and Caseworkers and offer practical migration solutions through a regulated and dynamic network of lawyers, namely Ellis Hass & Co Solicitors.

As part of my work, I offer solutions to your need to enter or remain in the UK for the purposes of tourism, work, study or permanent settlement. I offer an end-to-end service so that you can rest assured that I will do my utmost to ensure a positive and swift resolution to your case.


I pride myself on my quality of work, something that is echoed by the hundreds of private and corporate clients I have assisted over the years. During my time as a practitioner, I have acted for both high profile and ordinary individuals, offering pragmatic solutions to cater to their individual needs. Additionally, I have also acted for a number of small and large corporations, assisting them with visas for their employees and auditing their businesses for compliance. 

If you are interested in finding out how I can provide a solution to your Immigration issues, contact me today for a free informal discussion



  • Guaranteed specialist legal advice and assistance, with several years expertise in assisting individuals and corporations


  • Availability of same-day premium service applications, allowing me to usually resolve your case  within 2-4 hours of submission


  • Over 98% success rate across all areas of UK immigration matters


  • Personal service, my practical legal advice is tailored to your individual needs, budget, and timeframe


  • Affordable fixed fees, and no hidden charges, so you stay in control at all times


  • Direct access to legal advice by phone, email or skype

UK Immigration Lawyer


I provide a wide range of UK Immigration services tailored to your individual needs. So whether you are abroad, or already in the United Kingdom, the chances are that I can find a solution to prolong your stay.


My services are designed to analyse, confront, and solve your migration issues at hand. I am a results-oriented lawyer and will work with you throughout the entire decision-making process. 


I will ensure that your matter is my number one priority and also make myself available to you should you require any clarification. 


Step 1: I will conduct your free initial visa assessment by phone, in-person or by email so that I can select the right visa for you

Step 2: I will guide you through the information and documents required for your chosen application

Step 3: I will complete all the necessary paperwork and create you a bespoke 'application submission pack'

Step 4: I will submit your application submission pack correctly and on time

Step 5: I will liaise with the Home Office/Entry Clearance Post regularly to ensure that your application is progressing

Step 6: I will contact you promptly with a decision on your application

Lawyer / Solicitor preparing UK visa application


I'm a paragraph. Click here to add your own text and edit me. It's easy.

European applications

At present, the following options are available:


  • EU Settlement Scheme Applications


british nationality applications

If you have previous family ties to the United Kingdom, you may be eligible to register yourself, or your children as British Citizens.

Alternatively, if you or your children have obtained Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK speak to me so that I can assist you in preparing your application to naturalise (adult) or register (child) as a British Citizen. Applications under this category include:

  • Applications for naturalisation as a British Citizen (Adults over the age of 18);

  • Applications for Registration as a British Citizen (under 18);

  • UK Ancestry applications;

  • Right of Abode in the UK; and

  • Other forms of registration as a British Citizen for adults.

refusals and challenging negative decisions

If you or a loved one has been refused an application or appeal, you may be able to mount a successful challenge against the decision.

There are various methods to challenge a decision, from reconsideration requests to Court action. Speak to me today so that I can determine the best way to challenge a decision. You may be eligible to challenge the decision in one of the following ways:

  • Request for Reconsideration;

  • Submission of additional documentation;

  • Administrative Review;

  • Appeal to the First Tier Tribunal, Upper Tribunal or Court of Appeal; and

  • Application for Judicial Review of the decision.

detention, bail and human rights applications

If you or a family member is residing in the UK without any permission (illegally), you may be eligible to remain on the basis of your ties to the United Kingdom. For example, a partner, child in the UK or your prolonged length of stay.

Additionally, if you are without permission to stay and have been detained, I may be able to apply for your release or challenge the decision to detain you and or remove you from the UK. I can deal with the following situations:

  • Applications for leave to remain in the UK on the basis of Private and or Family Life;

  • Unfair/Unlawful detention;

  • Bail/Release from detention;

  • Challenging a decision to remove/deport you from the UK.

partner applications

If you are the partner of a British Citizen or person with indefinite leave to remain, you may be eligible to settle permanently with them in the United Kingdom. There are several routes available for individuals wishing to enter the UK or remain in the UK if they have already entered previously.


Options available:


  • Spouse Visas (Husband/Wife);

  • Fiance/Fiancee Visas for those wanting to enter into marriage in the UK;

  • Unmarried Partner Visas for unmarried persons who are or have been cohabiting for at least two years; and

  • Same-Sex relationship visas.

Family Applications

If you are the child (under 18) or other adult dependent relative of a British Citizen, or person with indefinite leave to remain, you may be eligible to settle in the United Kingdom permanently.

There are several options available in this category including the following:

  • Dependent Child Visa (under 18) of a British Citizen Parent;

  • Adult Dependent Relative (Parent, Grandparents, Uncle, Aunt, Brother Sister etc) of a British Citizen, who are able to prove dependency upon the British Citizen.

Visitor applications

If you are living abroad and wish to visit the United Kingdom, you may be eligible to enter as a Visitor. 

There are several options available to you, including the following:

  • Visiting the UK (for a maximum of 6 months) as a tourist (Tourist Visa);

  • Visiting for the purposes of studying a short course (up to 11 months in duration); 

  • Visiting for the purposes of entering into marriage;

  • Visiting for the purposes of receiving Privately Funded Medical Care;

  • Long-term visitor visas are also available, for periods of 2, 5 or 10 years.

Settling permanently

If you are already in the UK with lawful residence, you may become eligible to settle permanently, consequently no longer being liable to immigration control. The correct term for this is 'Indefinite Leave to Remain' or ILR.

There are various ways to become eligible for ILR, including Lawful Residence for 2, 5 or 10 years, depending on your personal circumstances. 


Skilled workers

If you are a Skilled Migrant or Sports Person residing in the UK or overseas, you (and your family members) may be able to enter or remain in the UK permanently.


At present I am able to assist with the following categories of applications:


  • Skilled Worker Visa;

  • Intra-company transfer Visa;

  • Sports Person Visa; and

  • Minister of Religion Visa.

Business Persons

If you have invested funds into an existing business in the UK, or wish to set up and run your business in the UK, you may be eligible to settle (with your family) as an entrepreneur. 

Alternatively, you may be a Representative of an Overseas Business and wish to set up a branch in the UK. Speak to me today to see if you are eligible to apply.

Applications I can offer are at present:

  • Innovator or Startup Visas;

  • Representative of an Overseas Business Visa;

  • Tier 1 Exceptional Talent or Exceptional Promise Visa;

  • Business Visitors

students and temporary workers

If you are a student wishing to study a short or long course in the UK, speak to me today so that I can assess your eligibility.

Alternatively, you may wish to enter the UK for short durations of up to 24 months to work, conduct charitable activities or complete a placement. There are various categories available, including:

  • Tier 4 (Child and Adult) Students;

  • Tier 5 Youth Mobility Scheme Visas;

  • Tier 5 Charity Worker Visas;

  • Tier 5 Creative and Sporting Visas;

  • Tier 5 Religious Worker; and

  • Tier 5 Government Exchange.

corporate services

If you are a business owner and wish to employ or retain staff who are not settled in the UK, you may be required to obtain a Licence from the UK Government. 


Alternatively, you may be an employer and unsure whether you are applying the correct practices when recruiting or retaining overseas staff members. So that you avoid a substantial fine, I am able to provide you an Audit Service to ensure that your business is compliant with the UK Immigration Rules. 


Services on offer include:


  • Sponsorship Licence Applications; and

  • Immigration Audit and Training.



"I cannot recommend Rashid to you enough, he was tireless with his efforts and did everything he could to ensure I received my entrepreneur visa quickly and efficiently. We are currently working with Rashid so that my wife and child could also join me as my dependants"

Hussain K,

Abu Dhabi, UAE

"Thank you Mr Uzzaman for all your hard work in our Immigration matter. We had initially submitted the application independently and were truly devastated when we were refused, but with your help we did it! at last we can be together now!

Samantha H,


"I am very happy with the service provided by Rashid, my wife from Brazil had been refused leave to remain in the UK as we did not meet the financial criteria set by our government. I knew our appeal was complicated, but Rashid made it happen. Thank you from the bottom of my heart"

Jonathan W,



If having read the above you have an Immigration related question in mind? Contact me today and let me help you get you back on track!

Consultations available by Telephone or in person at Birmingham, London or Manchester


Tel: 0121 746 3002

Mob: 0741 037 6881

Fax: 0121 746 3001

  • Black Instagram Icon
  • Black Yelp Icon

Your details were sent successfully!

bottom of page