• The Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) route is designed for persons either inside or outside the UK who wish to invest in an existing or new UK business and run the business during the course of their visa

  • The route allows not only the applicant, but their partner and children to join them and also settle in the UK permanently following the successful completion of the visa route

  • To qualify, the applicant must show access to investment funds of £200,000 GBP (individually or as a group) and also a robust business plan

  • The applicant will be expected to be able to converse in English at Level B1 CEFR and also be willing and able to take part in an interview

Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) Visa

The UK remains one of the world's leading and most stable economies. Conducting business from the UK is, therefore, the chosen location for thousands of non-British migrants. The Tier 1 (entrepreneur) route is designed so that you can reside in the UK lawfully while running your business. 


Am I eligible to apply?


In order to qualify, you must have access to at least £50,000 GBP investment funds. Although, there are two categories and most people will need access to at least £200,000 GBP.


Those funds should be:


  • held in one or multiple regulated financial institutions

  • disposable, i.e. free to spend on the UK business


You should also:


Can I apply as a team or must I apply as an Individual?


The rules do permit you to form an ‘entrepreneurial team’ with one other Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) applicants and share the same investment funds.


Further, you and your team members should meet all the application criteria (as above) and:


  • not use those same investment funds for another application with another team


How can I prove I have access to £200,000 GBP?


You will be able to evidence the relevant funds if the money is either:

  • your own (i.e. from income savings, inheritance etc)

  • provided to you by third parties (such as a spouse, investor, family member etc)


What if I have already invested the funds?


If you have already invested £200,000 or some of the funds in a UK business, you are still eligible to apply so long as the investment took place in the last 12 months and you have evidence to prove that you invested the funds. If you have already invested less than £200,000, then the remaining amount to make it up to £200,000 must be accessible to you (as above).


Proving your proficiency in English


You should prove that you are proficient in the English language when making your application. You can do this by:


  • passing an approved English language test with at least CEFR level B1 in reading, writing, speaking and listening

  • having an academic qualification that was taught in English and is recognised by UK NARIC as being equivalent to a UK bachelors degree, masters degree or PhD


You may be exempt from the requirement if you are from a majority English speaking nation.


What can and can't I do while in the UK?


You can:

  • set up or take over the running of one or more businesses in the UK

  • work for your business, including being self-employed

  • bring dependent family members with you 


You can’t:

  • do any work outside of your business, i.e. take up employment through another employer

  • receive public funds


If having read the above you are interested to know more, please leave your contact details below and I will contact you. Alternatively, feel free to call me directly.


Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) Visa

If you have been endorsed in the field of Science, Humanities, Engineering, Medicine, Digital Technology or Arts as someone who is a 'Recognised Leader' (Exceptional Talent) or 'Emerging Leader' (Exceptional Promise), you may be able to reside in the UK to continue to hone and practice your talent.


Application Process


There are two stages to these Tier 1 Visas. Firstly, you must obtain an endorsement through the Home Office as a leader or emerging leader in your chosen field. Once you have received your endorsement, the second stage allows you to apply for the visa to the UK.


Please do note that the visa route is limited to 1000 places per year, with places released 500 at a time in April and October of each year. There are still places available at the time of writing this, so please contact me for a discussion of your options.


How long can I stay?


You can stay in the UK for up to:

  • 5 years and 4 months if you apply outside the UK

  • 5 years if you apply in the UK


Once you have successfully completed 5 years in the UK you can apply for settlement (ILR). 


What can and can't I do while in the UK?


You are permitted to :

  • work - for an employer, as a director of a company or be self-employed

  • change jobs

  • do voluntary work

  • travel in and out of the UK

  • bring dependent family members with you


You cannot:

  • receive public funds

  • work as a doctor or dentist in training

  • work as a professional sportsperson or sports coach


If you believe the above criteria fits your circumstances, please do not hesitate to contact me today via phone or leave your contact details below for me to return to you.


If having read the above you wish to speak to me, leave your details in the contact form and I will contact you at your preferred time.

Consultations available by Telephone or in person at Birmingham, London or Manchester


Tel: 0121 746 3002

Mob: 074 1037 6881

Thank You. You will be conacted shortly