top of page

Settling in the United Kingdom (Indefinite Leave to Remain)


Incl. Indefinite Leave to Remain and Long Residence

98% Success Rate

Free Consultation with a Qualified Solicitor

Quick Response & Same-day Service

Fixed Fees & No Hidden Fees

Direct Access to Your Solicitor at All Times

Years of Experience in UK Visa Matters

Free UK Visa Consultation

Success! Message received.

Indefinite leave to remain in the UK, otherwise known as ‘settlement’ or ‘ILR’ means that you can stay in the UK without any time restrictions. You are free to enter and work in the UK without any restrictions, so long as you abide by the UK laws. If you are convicted of criminal offences, you may find your ILR status revoked. Alternatively, if you spend more than 2 years abroad consecutively (without returning to the UK in between) your status is likely to lapse. On such circumstances, you should apply for re-settlement into the UK as a Returning Resident.





Whether you can settle indefinitely in the UK will depend upon the visa route your past and present visa routes, and how long you have spent in those categories. For example, if you have been residing in the UK as the spouse of a British Citizen or settled person You need to have been living in the UK with a ‘partner of a settled person’ visa for 5 years (60 months).



You must also be able to demonstrate that you have adequate Knowledge of language and life

If you’re aged 18 to 64 years old when you apply you must also pass:


You must also demonstrate that you have not spent an excessive amount of time outside of the UK during your period of lawful residence.



Long Residence Applications:


If you have spent at least 10 years in the UK lawfully (for example with student visas, work visas etc), you are able to apply for ILR on the basis of completing 10 lawful years residence in the UK. Speak to me today so that I can assess your case for you.



Note: Applications may be made via the Home Office Premium Same Day Service.



If having read the above you wish to speak to me, leave your details in the contact form and I will contact you at your preferred time.

Consultations available by Telephone or in person at Birmingham, London or Manchester


Tel: 0121 746 3002

Mob: 074 1037 6881

Thank You. You will be conacted shortly

bottom of page