top of page




  • There are various categories available for persons wishing to enter the UK for short durations of time, usually up to 24 months

  • Applicants must be sponsored by their employers throughout their stay in the UK

  • Applicants must be able to demonstrate that they are able to maintain and accommodate themselves while residing in the UK 

  • Types of applications in this tier vary and include:

    • Tier 5 Youth Mobility Scheme

    • Tier 5 Charity Worker

    • Tier 5 Creative and Sporting

    • Tier 5 Religious Worker

    • Tier 5 Government Exchange

    • including various others

Youth Mobility Scheme


There are various criteria that have to be met if you wish to apply for immigration under this category. You should apply if you:


  • wish to reside in the UK for a period of up to 24 months

  • are aged 18 to 30

  • have at least £1,890 GBP in savings to maintain yourself

  • have certain types of British Nationality (i.e. BNO or BOT) or are from the following countries:

    • Australia

    • Canada

    • Japan

    • Monaco

    • New Zealand

    • Hong Kong

    • The Republic of Korea

    • Taiwan


Note: You will only need official sponsorship if you are a national of Hong Kong or the Republic of Korea.


What can and can't I do while in the UK?


You can:

  • commence study

  • work in most employment types

  • become self-employed and set up a company


You cannot:

  • find work as a professional sportsperson (including the coach), doctor or dentist in training 

  • extend your stay beyond 24 months

  • receive public funds

  • bring in family members on your application


Creative and Sporting


If you have been offered employment as a sports person (i.e. coach etc) or a creative worker (e.g. actor, dancer, musician, film crew member etc) you could enter and reside in the UK under the Tier 5 route. 




The eligibility criteria differ depending upon whether you are a sports person or creative worker. If you are a sports person, you should have the ability to make a contribution to your sport at the highest level. In addition to this, you will also need:


  • a certificate of sponsorship from your employer (who must already maintain a licence with the Home Office)

  • £945 in savings - so that you can maintain yourself. Although your sponsor (employer) could cover this cost if they wish


If you are a creative worker you will need to fulfill the following:


  • you should aim to make a unique contribution to the UK labour market, e.g. you are well known or required for continuity

  • certificate of sponsorship (see below)

  • be paid the minimum salary

  • £945 in savings to prove that you can maintain yourself. Again, as above, your employer can cover this fee


Charity Worker


If you wish to travel to the UK to carry out unpaid voluntary work for a charity you may be able to qualify under this route.




To be eligible for this route you must have:


  • certificate of sponsorship (see below)

  • £945 in savings to maintain yourself, unless your A-Rated sponsor wishes to cover the costs for you


What can and can't I do while in the UK?


You can:

  • study (for some types of courses)

  • work for your employer 

  • take up a second job in the same sector for up to 20 hours 

  • bring dependent family members with you


You cannot:

  • receive any payment for work

  • take a permanent job

  • receive public funds


What is a Certificate of Sponsorship?


A certificate of sponsorship is an electronic document that contains a unique reference number and information about the position and types of activities you will be doing while in the UK. The certificate is obtained by your sponsor/employer who will already hold an official Sponsorship Licence with the UK Home Office.


If having read the above you wish to pursue one of the options please feel free to contact me.


If having read the above you wish to speak to me, leave your details in the contact form and I will contact you at your preferred time.

Consultations available by Telephone or in person at Birmingham, London or Manchester


Tel: 0121 746 3002

Mob: 074 1037 6881

Thank You. You will be conacted shortly

bottom of page